Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween around the corner 2

Today I created a Trick or Treat box out of
an empty pringles tube.
First I googled this skeleton and printed it
on some green paper to glue to the tube.

This is the lid of the box. I used the circle stamp of Michael Strong
to decorate the lid. I stamped it in versamark and used
tree different kinds of embossing powder.
The circles are cut out with a few sizes of nestabillities.

This is the inside of the lid using the
leftover paper from the outside
and the sentiment is from Great Impressions.

The little one eye monsters and the ghost
are made with the
Stampin'Up! owl punch
and a circle punch.
For the front of the box I used the Cloisonné Alphabet
by Michael Stong embossed in white. The background
is embossed with the spiderweb folder and fastened
around the tube with baker's twine from Sew Easy.

The text "trick or treat" is printed with the computer.

Have a creative day!
 

9 comments:

Capescrapper said...

Oh Hetty, you have done it again! Such a cute little repurposed Pringles can! Love this! When Jason was little, we used a Pringles can to make a pencil holder. So much fun. And have you ever seen the mini Pringles cans!? They would make super cute little treat holders for the kids wouldn't they?! Fun project! And by the way, love the use of Mikes stamps and the little aliens are too cute. :)

Anne Temple said...

This is SO cool and clever! Love it!

Kathie McGuire said...

Hetty~This is fabulous!! So creative and different. The upside down owl punch is perfect to use for a ghost--how smart!!! Fantastic job on this whole container, I LOVE it!!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great project! Love your altered can.

Elaine said...

How cool! Very nicely decorated!

Sande said...

Hetty

This is brilliant! You did a fantastic job and always come up with the greatest ideas.

My grandson loves Pringles and this would be perfect. As soon as I'm finished my coffee...I'm heading to my scrap room and make him one for tomorrow. He'll just love it.

Thanks for sharing.

bee said...

really like this, might adapt the idea for Christmas. Bee x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great project- I love everything about it! The ghosts are so cute- love the embossed BG for the letters (gotta get those!) and love the skeleton on the green BG.

Anonymous said...

Hetty, this is so very cute, thanks for such a creative idea!! I just love all the work you post. Happy Halloween. Eunice