Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tags today


Today no sketch, I need a tag, so that is what I am going to make.

I was inspired by another blog, where I noticed
 the technique of stamping with gesso.
You can see her sample here:
So mainly what you do is instead of stamping with ink
you use gesso to stamp with. I used a foam brush
to dab the gesso on my stamp.
And then stamped with it. Leave it to dry
or use your heatgun.
To color the tag I used distress stains.
Add some color on your craft sheet and pick it up with 
the tag. Dry this with heat gun, add some more ink until
it is the color you like.

For all the tags I used the elephant stamps by
Michael Strong.
And you alsosee some washi tape on top.
I loved the result,so I also made a blue version.
One can never have too many tags! LOL!!

The sentiment you see on the tag is by
Create with TLC and printed on
paper,cut to fit the tag (a sizzix die).

For this tag the stampis embossed with white
embossing powder before the distress stains
are added to the tag. 

I used the tag on a buch of flowers
for today it is my MIL's birthday.
Happy Birthday Betty!!
May you live to be 120
in health and happiness!

Have a creative day !




2 comments:

Toni Hinchcliffe said...

I LOVE your tags, Hetty! Tell your MIL happy birthday from me too! Have a great weekend!

Tlc Creations said...

Wow....your tags are fabulous~!
Paulette