Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Club Scrap Take Wing Blog Hop

Welcome to another fantastic
This time you see the use of the September 
papers and stamps from the Take Wing kit.

Have you come over from Tricia's wonderful
blog with all her great ideas?
Well if you get lost, you can always find all the partipants

I also have a sidestep on the
Technique Junkies Design Blog
with a technique card:

So here is my special project
 that I want to share with you.
It is not my own idea, it was a friend
that showed this booklet to me
and I knew right away I wanted to make
this booklet for my retreat memory book.

I will be at the October retreat and hope 
to meet up with many old and new Club Scrap friends.
This booklet is 5 inch by 6 inch and inside has
many pockets to put in memorablia.
The big stamp is from my first retreat.
The black letters are chipboard letters
fromthe Hopekit.
A view on the inside of the book:
5 pages each with 3 pockets.

The back of the book with a stamp we got
last year at the retreat.

A closer peak at the inside of the booklet.
A little stamping only for I wanted to leave
space to add all the items fromthe retreat.
For sure i will share this book again
when it is filled with wonderful memories
after the retreat.

Ok now you want to know how I made this:
The covers are 2x  5 1/4"x 61/4 chipboard
covered with the white printed 8x11 inch paper.
The spine of the book is green covered grunge paper.
Here you see the outside.The green spine is
glued 1/2 " over the front and the back cover.
The inside of the outside over.
The middle part is the bendable part.
Let is dry real good before you add the inside pages.

Now you want to know how tomake the inside pages:
You need to cut the paper down to 10 x 9 "
and this is the template:
in paper it look like this:
Folded in half you contruct the pocket.
When folded, you have two flaps on the
outside. You can use a border punch
if you like on these flaps for decoration.

These flaps should be on the left side of your page.

These flaps are used to put the book together.
Glue on top and bottom (use some red heavy tape
or a line of bookbind glue), so a pocket is constructed
on each page.

This is just to show you the front of the book
will be glued to the cover.......do this after you have 
covered this chipboard with design paper.

For the backside you need to cut an extra stripof
5x5 inch,fold in half (lengthwise) add the punch
border and glue to last page and cover (after decorated 
with design paper).

These are the tags that ore inside the pockets
with only a little decoration for now,
but it will be filled after the retreat with lots more.

Hope it all makes sense to you, but
you can always email me if you have questions.

Now let's hop on and see what
the ever creative Kay has for you

Happy Hopping!

Have a creative day!




28 comments:

Karen Wyngaard said...

What a neat project, Hetty! I really like all of the interactive pages inside, and the addition of past Retreat stamps. I also look forward to seeing you next month so we can make some memories!

Lisa Kay--Paper Artist said...

How fun! Love the pockets and die cut edges. Looking forward to seeing it after your retreat memories are embellishing it further.

Tricia Morris said...

Wonderful album, Hetty! I can't wait to SEE the book in person in just a few weeks! Yay!

Queen of Dishing said...

Hetty I'm so sorry you had to wait an extra long time for your box (and pay extra too!) But it was worth it, this looks amazing!

Capescrapper said...

Hetty, you little book is amazing! So many tiny details that make it POP! Love the step out instructions too, thanks for sharing.

Classygirl said...

Great idea for keeping retreat memories. I've got a scrappin' cruise coming up soon...might have to make this one! Nicely done!

CathyJGray said...

I really enjoyed the information you provided on this beautiful Retreat book and will definitely be making one too. Thanks for sharing and enjoy retreat!

Marya said...

Very fun Hetty and I loved that you showed us how to make this - looks like you will have a great keepsake from Retreat. And - spoiler alert - you will have an AWESOME time!

Ink Stained Roni said...

Very cool book! Love it - the pockets make it very special!

Annette said...

Great and truly mind blowing Hetty. Love it.

Lisa D said...

Hetty! This is a beautiful keepsake album. I love the punched edges inside. They add a little extra sweetness. I would love to see the finished version. See you in October!

Jill P said...

I love this Hetty

Unknown said...

Wonderful book! I love all the pockets and places for memories. Thank you for sharing!

Diana Enns said...

Great book - thanks again for another fun book and tutorial. Love all the pockets in this.

Treva said...

Love your memory book!

Unknown said...

Luv this book hetty !

Debbie Weller said...

Ohhhh this is fabulous- sure hope I get my pic in that retreat book! Just kiddin' :) but I look forward to seeing you at retreat!!

webkrafty said...

Love it! love the instructions too!

Unknown said...

What a cute book, I love pockets. This would be great to take to retreat!

Pauline K said...

Love this book; the stamping and decorative punching...very pretty.

Firenze said...

Oh my gosh Hetty that is an incredible "KEEPER"! I will definitely be casing this project! TFS
Helen -= Firenze Cards

Kay Williamson said...

Wow, great album. I love the front cover, so cool! Really looking forward to seeing you soon!

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous Hetty, love all the tag pages and the covers and all!!

Wendy Bellino said...

LOVE!

Penny Shukan said...

Beautiful book. I love the idea of having a special book for Retreat memories and stuff! And I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.

Melissa W said...

Love the little details.

Melissa (over via Tiare at SOC)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What an awesome little album and tutorial! Love the vibrant colors and pockets!

Unknown said...

WOW! Your album is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration.