Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tim Holtz July Tag:Crazy Birds

This is the tag for July by Tim Holtz.
Wonderful inspiration for a 4th of July tag.
The ting is I did that for June:
You ca see all about this tag HERE.

So I did not want to make another one like
this, but using Tim's inspiration I wanted to work
with the Crazy Bird stamps and this is the result:

For all Tim's technique explanations you go HERE.
My tag started of with the musical tissue paper
glued to the tag.
I colored the tag with different kind of green.
Then I took the bird stamps and stamped them on 
watercolor paper and cut them to size.
I then noticed that these images where just too big
for the tag so I colored another piece of tag in the same manner.

With misical washi tape I enlarged the tag to the
right size. On topof the washi tape I colored with green
ink,but i noticed that the washi tape colored differently.

So on top of the washi tape I glued a piece of tissue
paper and colored again.This time it all looked the same.

Now I colored the birds, the ribbon
and added all to the tag for sewing
and the tag was finished.
The ribbon is colored with mowed lawn
and tumbled glass. I found I had this cute birdhouse
charm in my stash.
To keep a little to the theme I colored one bird
on top red and the one on the bottom blue.

The sentiment I found somewhere on the
internet and I typed it with the computer
and printed it on watercolor paper.
This label is a real one I still had and the 2 is 
grungeboard with silver paint and glossy accent on top.

Hope you like the result.
Those birds are such wonderful additions
to Tim's line and soon there will be more.
Take a look here and here. I need to start saving!!

Have a creative day!





7 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I LOVE both your original tags inspired by Tim Holtz techniques. I also thoroughly enjoyed reading about your creative process as you designed this month's extra-long tag. Thanks for your recent visit and blessings!

mamablitger said...

Hetty you created the cutest tag. Love the way you arranged the birds. And the background looks gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs from Monica

LUCYG said...

Hetty, I just ran across the die set at a local scrap store and snapped them up. I don't even have the stamps yet! And they were out of stock. But I will get them soon. You have been such an inspiration with these cute crazy bird stamps. :)

Beth Norman said...

I just bought the Crazy Birds. You did a terrific job with them. Wish I had your talent and insight.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW! Your crazy bird tag is so cute...both of them actually! LOVE the green wrapped background too!

Caron's Creations said...

Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment. You were my very first one!
I love your tag too. The splatters of orange with the green bird is what catches your eye.

Fenny said...

Ooo helemaal te gek zeg, wat een heerlijk tags heb je ermee gemaakt Hetty. En de eerste, volgens mij, ja dat lijkt net alsof die een spijkerbroekje aan heeft. Super du super..